Ahmet Altan (born 1950) is a Turkish journalist, prominent novelist, and author. A working journalist for more than 20 years, he has served in all stages of the profession, from being a night shift reporter to editor in chief in various newspapers and he was the editor-in-chief of Taraf newspaper a liberal newspaper between 2007-2012. Ahmet Altan was arrested on September 10, 2016, in a dawn raid for allegedly giving subliminal messages the night before the failed coup on July 15, 2016. He was charged with attempting to overthrow the “constitutional order,” “interfering with the work of the national assembly,” and “interfering with the work of the government” through violence and sentenced to life in prison. Altan is among thousands of prisoners of conscience in Turkey. We urge the Turkish authorities to free Altan and stop human rights violations against him.
On Thursday, a press release will be made by AST on behalf of the release of journalist and intellectual Ahmet Altan.
Send a letter or video Message for ALTAN:
More details will be shared when the time approaches. You can share your letter and a video message to Ahmet Altan or other political prisoners via AST.
● A special video is being prepared by AST for the release of the political prisoners and will be published on Thursday.
● The press release will be made to the relevant places;
● Social Media campaign will be organized;
● The signature campaign for ALTAN will be launched;
● The issue will be transmitted to international institutions again;
● You can send a letter or video message to Ahmet Altan by yourself or through AST; You can send your message to email@example.com
● You can support the campaign that will be held on Thursday;
● You can voluntarily support the work of AST or share your feedback through firstname.lastname@example.org
● You can financially support the work of AST by donating to Www.silencedturkey.org/donatenow
- FREE JOURNALIST AHMET ALTAN FLYER
- PRESS RELEASE: TURKISH JOURNALIST AHMET ALTAN’S ARBITRARY IMPRISONMENT AND CALL FOR HIS RELEASE 8/29/2019
- Sign the petition to FREE AHMET ALTAN on change.org to Ministry of Justice, UN, and 6 other organizations.
Willing contributions of any size are always accepted and appreciated.
Widget not in any sidebars